Question No display after installing ram

Oct 8, 2018
My current specs:
CPU - Intel Core i7-4790k
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Motherboard - MSI H81M-E34 (MS-7817)
Ram - 8GB
Power Supply - EVGA 500b (500 watts)

I wanted more ram so I bought the exact type of ram that I previously had which is the Samsung M378B1G73DB0 - CKO. I plugged it in, heard the click and tried to turn on my pc but there was no display. I tried clearing the bios but it still didn’t work. I then removed the newly bought ram and tried to see if it would work that way and it still didn’t display anything. I reset the bios again and tried 2 different monitors and it still doesn’t work and I’m all out of ideas. Please help

I would double check and ensure that your ram is correctly installed and fully inserted. Just because you hear a click doesnt mean that the DIMMS are fully installed. You should visually inspect your DIMMS to ensure that they are inserted fully.

Next step once you get your system to boot, would be ensuring that you are giving the ram enough voltage. Vdrop is common when you have multiple sticks. It could be causing the voltage to drop farther than your RAM will like. Adding .1 volts to your RAM in the bios can help.

Oct 8, 2018
I would double check and ensure that your ram is correctly installed and fully inserted. Just because you hear a click doesnt mean that the DIMMS are fully installed. You should visually inspect your DIMMS to ensure that they are inserted fully.

Next step once you get your system to boot, would be ensuring that you are giving the ram enough voltage. Vdrop is common when you have multiple sticks. It could be causing the voltage to drop farther than your RAM will like. Adding .1 volts to your RAM in the bios can help.

I also tried removing that ram to see if the original ram would work by itself but it didn’t. Could it be something wrong with my motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS