Question No Display After Installing RX 6800 XT

Jul 24, 2024
Hi everyone,
I recently upgraded my GPU from an RTX 3060 to an RX 6800 XT, which I bought second-hand from Facebook Marketplace. Initially, the display worked perfectly after installation, but after shutting down my computer and turning it on the next day, the computer powered on, but there was no display.
Here are the steps I’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Changed the HDMI cable – no improvement.
  2. Repeatedly turned the PC on and off – display eventually appeared.
  3. Swapped out the RAM – problem persisted.
  4. Flushed out the electricity (unplugged and held the power button for 15 seconds) – no change.
  5. Checked BIOS settings – only XMP for RAM is enabled.
The issue seems to occur after the PC has been unused for an extended period. When I turn it on after a long break, there’s no display, although the PC is running.
Specs:
  • Ryzen 5 5600G
  • Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
  • 2x8GB RAM 3200MHz
  • 650W Bronze PSU
  • RX 6800 XT
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this issue or how to fix it?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

650W Bronze PSU
650W is the advertised wattage of the unit while Bronze is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit and it's age? Even if your PSU is brand new, you're advised to have at least 700W of power at the entire system's disposal when you've dropped in an RX6800XT.

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
What BIOS version are/were you currently on for your motherboard?

Did you drop the card onto another platform with more than ample power from the PSU to verify that the card didn't conk out? Have you tried sourcing(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with 750W of power at the entire platforms disposal?