Question No display after MSI bios update.

Sep 1, 2019
Hello, I’m having problems with my MSI Tomahawk B450. My buddy recently updated his motherboard in Dragon center and afterwards his computer lagged terribly and after rebooting, we get no display to the monitors.

We’ve tried several things: reseating the gpu, cpu, and ram, removing the CMOS and going at the reset button, and flashing the bios with a usb stick. I’ve never flashed a BIOS before, but according to youtube, I’ve taken the bios from the website, put it on a drive, named it MSI.ROM and put the drive into the bios USB slot on the motherboard while pressing the flashback button. When I do this, I get three blinks of a red light and no closer to having display.

I can see no other problems, the fans spin, RGB turns on on the board and GPU, who’s fans spin up, and we have no “ez debug” lights on. Unfortunately, there is not integrated graphics for me to even be sure that it’s the motherboard. Is this BIOS flash I’m pursuing the correct path to be going down? Have I missed something? Thank you for your help, in advance.

Try clearing the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for five minutes and also pressing the power button for 30 seconds while the CMOS battery is out of the motherboard. Be sure to unplug the unit from the wall before doing that. Then, plug power back in, reinstall the CMOS battery and RE-flash the latest BIOS version using the instructions outlined here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...ashback-help/?do=findComment&comment=12725461

Reactions: DMAN999