[SOLVED] No display after new processor installation. Please help.

Aug 4, 2021
Hello

I recently installed a new processor that came with the wraith stealth cooler. After the installation I plugged everything in and hit the start button. Lights began glowing and fans started spinning. My monitor lit up and displayed a message that said “no hdmi signal from your device”
I tried motherboard ports and gpu ports. I reseat the cables and my graphics card and tried a different cord. I reset the CMOS. Nothing is working.
Did my gpu get toasted somehow?
or possibly my motherboard ?

here’s my specs
Case:
Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB Tempered Glass Gaming Case - do not use
Processor:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6X 3.6GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard:
ASUS TUF X470-PLUS GAMING -- RGB, Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (4 Rear, 4 Front), ASUS TUF Protection
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6 - MSI VENTUS XS OC (VR-Ready)
Power Supply:
650 Watt - be quiet! Straight Power 11 - 80 PLUS Gold, Fully Modular
Processor Cooling:
120mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
External Optical Drive:
None
Network Card:
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Case Fans:
Default Case Fan

I installed an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x with a stealth wraith cooler.

Solution
The damage to break of the CPU pin may also have damaged the motherboard so don't be super surprised if a known good CPU also does not work.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Silly question but very possible, did you disconnect the system from the wall and the monitor prior to tinkering with the motherboard to take the processors in and out? Prior to the Ryzen 5 5600x, did you update the BIOS to the latest version? Still have the Ryzen 5 3600 with you? Side note, how old is the PSU in you build?

Aug 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Silly question but very possible, did you disconnect the system from the wall and the monitor prior to tinkering with the motherboard to take the processors in and out? Prior to the Ryzen 5 5600x, did you update the BIOS to the latest version? Still have the Ryzen 5 3600 with you? Side note, how old is the PSU in you build?

Thank you for the welcome.
My
PSU is almost 2 years old as is the rest of the hardware. I made sure to unplug everything before even opening it. So this all began because my cpu was overheating. I reapplied thermal paste but in the process I bent a pin and it broke off. My PC didn’t start up and that’s when I opened it back up to realize that I messed up. So in short terms, no I do not have the 3600. :/

Aug 4, 2021
Put the 3600 back in and update to the latest BIOS :)
I can’t because I broke one of the pins and that’s the whole reason I’m going through this process unfortunately because I was in a rush because I had homework to do. It was overheating so I reapplied thermal paste and so now this is where I’m at.

Aug 4, 2021
I can’t because I broke one of the pins and that’s the whole reason I’m going through this process unfortunately because I was in a rush because I had homework to do. It was overheating so I reapplied thermal paste and so now this is where I’m at.
Sorry, I just saw you mentioned this above. My bad.

Unless your board has a flash BIOS button (I'm not sure it does)...the only option is to find someone with a compatible processor and use that, or buy the cheapest compatible CPU you can find.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I am astounded at the number of replies suggesting the use of a CPU that OP mentioned is broken.

OP, I would suggest checking with some PC repair locations nearby (if there are such) and see what they would charge you to troubleshoot/update BIOS.

I would recount the above to them and have them check to be sure the broken bit of pin isn't still in the socket during this troubleshoot as well.

Reactions: Vergog
Aug 4, 2021
I am astounded at the number of replies suggesting the use of a CPU that OP mentioned is broken.

OP, I would suggest checking with some PC repair locations nearby (if there are such) and see what they would charge you to troubleshoot/update BIOS.

I would recount the above to them and have them check to be sure the broken bit of pin isn't still in the socket during this troubleshoot as well.
Hey thanks for the suggestions I will definitely give Some areas a call and see what their pricing is just talked to a friend who said he has some spare computer parts so maybe he has a processor that can fit my motherboard that way I can access the bios.

Reactions: punkncat