[SOLVED] No display after PC crashes.

Joshua Yeldose

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
I have been facing a strange problem with my computer, it suddenly started to crash amid gaming/ web browsing, the display will get stuck and i have to force a reboot and there will be no display on a reboot. After trying for 15 mins display came back but the same problem again, not instantly but after hours or so.
I cleaned RAM
I reset BIOS
I changed display cable
I took out the GPU and reinstalled it.
No avail.
The CPU is powering on with all the LEDs including the keyboard and mouse.
I have another computer and a spare graphics card, so I installed the spare GTX 1060 in this computer and everything is running fine and I installed the culprit GTX 1080 in the second computer everything is running fine there too. When I introduce the GTX 1080 back to PC no 1, same problem again but the individual components are working well. I am at the end of my wits.
What could be causing this?
The PSU is new and the crash occurs while web browsing too. Doesnt crash when I game with GTX 1060 in PC no 1.

Solution
What psu? =maker+model+wattage. Also from the second pc for comparison.

Even new in can give problems. Since the gtx 1080 uses more power is it a possibility to look at.

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
I have been facing a strange problem with my computer, it suddenly started to crash amid gaming/ web browsing, the display will get stuck and i have to force a reboot and there will be no display on a reboot. After trying for 15 mins display came back but the same problem again, not instantly but after hours or so.
I cleaned RAM
I reset BIOS
I changed display cable
I took out the GPU and reinstalled it.
No avail.
The CPU is powering on with all the LEDs including the keyboard and mouse.
I have another computer and a spare graphics card, so I installed the spare GTX 1060 in this computer and everything is running fine and I installed the culprit GTX 1080 in the second computer everything is running fine there too. When I introduce the GTX 1080 back to PC no 1, same problem again but the individual components are working well. I am at the end of my wits.
What could be causing this?
The PSU is new and the crash occurs while web browsing too. Doesnt crash when I game with GTX 1060 in PC no 1.
if your gpu/cpu is overclocked, try downclocking them, it might fix your crashing