[SOLVED] No display after Ryzen 5 3600 Upgrade

BryceSpicey

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Recently I upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600 from an Intel 7600K, I also had to get a new motherboard being the b450m-pro-m2 MAX , also my ram going from hyperx 2133 MHz to 3200 MHz. After I setup everything, everything looks to boot just fine, fans spinning, SSD’s humming motherboard light is on, but there’s no display. I tried resetting the CMOS, trying different ram combinations, loosening the CPU fan, reseating the GPU, checking connections, using different PCI-E’s, firmly pushing connections, nothing, and I’m pretty puzzled. The rest of the setup looks like
GPU-7870 OC (getting new GPU tomorrow, 2070 Super)
PSU- bronze Certified CX 600 watt
2 SSD’s 1 HDD
And a disc drive
Help is very appreciated!

OllympianGamer

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
Recently I upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600 from an Intel 7600K, I also had to get a new motherboard being the b450m-pro-m2 MAX , also my ram going from hyperx 2133 MHz to 3200 MHz. After I setup everything, everything looks to boot just fine, fans spinning, SSD’s humming motherboard light is on, but there’s no display. I tried resetting the CMOS, trying different ram combinations, loosening the CPU fan, reseating the GPU, checking connections, using different PCI-E’s, firmly pushing connections, nothing, and I’m pretty puzzled. The rest of the setup looks like
2 SSD’s 1 HDD
And a disc drive
Motherboard light is on? Theres a debug led strip on the right, from top to bottom it goes -
CPU
DRAM
GPU
BOOT DEVICE
Which one is lit up?

Reactions: BryceSpicey

BryceSpicey

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Did the box for the B450m say it had the necessary BIOS update for third generation Ryzen compatibility?
Yes the MAX version ensures that. To add on, I don’t hear any beep sound, and before when my computer would power on the fans would spin super fast for a second, then slow down, it doesn’t do that now. If it also helps, USB devices turn on after about 10 seconds.

Last edited:

BryceSpicey

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Yes the MAX version ensures that. To add on, I don’t hear any beep sound, and before when my computer would power on the fans would go super fast for a second then slow down, it doesn’t do that now.
Make sure the monitor is connected to the output of the GPU and not the mobo.

Make sure the 4/8 pin power connector is connected correctly
Yes they both are

OllympianGamer

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
2 SSD’s 1 HDD
And a disc drive
Motherboard light is on? Theres a debug led strip on the right, from top to bottom it goes -
CPU
DRAM
GPU
BOOT DEVICE
Which one is lit up?

Reactions: BryceSpicey

OllympianGamer

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
It’s the third one it says VGA it’s white not red. Do you think this old GPU isn’t compatible or? Because I was just using it 2 days ago fine
The light simply means the gpu is either not detected or has failed, worst case scenario you could have a faulty pcie slot but probably best to simply test it with your new gpu when it comes.

BryceSpicey

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
The light simply means the gpu is either not detected or has failed, worst case scenario you could have a faulty pcie slot but probably best to simply test it with your new gpu when it comes.
I fixed it, thank you for
Mentioning that, totally blanked out on those lights. My last motherboard didn’t work using two PCI-E’s but the one requires it. Thanks again!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS