Question No display after strange crash

GR3YL0TU5

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
Hi all,

I was busy sorting out my music library when my monitor started showing black and white vertical stripes. The music continued playing.
I pressed the windows key to try and navigate blindly to shut down and when I did, the sound started glitching. I had to hold the power button to shut down.
Now the monitor is showing a 'no display' message whenever I try to boot.

So far I've tried plugging in 3 different monitors with various cables (hdmi, vga and dvi) but still the same results via both gpu and motherboard ports. 'no display' when I plug in any monitor in any port.

Any suggestions what I should do next?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

We can move forward from there. Also include the age of the PSU in your build.

GR3YL0TU5

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
PC was bought from a friend, not exactly sure on all the specs. This is what I can get from looking inside.

CPU: (Not sure where to find?)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
Ram: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengence
SSD/HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 2x 120GB SSD
GPU: Gigabyte (?)
PSU: Corsair CX600
Chassis: ATX desktop tower
Monitor: Samsung LED

Sorry I can't find much more than that, if I knew how/where to look I could find more info.#

My top priority is getting access to/recovering my files.

GR3YL0TU5

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
Seems like I may have found the issue. PC appears to be starting normally after disconnecting GPU.

Is there anything I should do now the GPU is not connected? I'm not sure if the system is entirely stable.

TRENDING THREADS