No display after unplugging computer

stegeranandrei

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
I recently decided to clean up my desk thoroughly, when I plugged everything back in I got no display, I've tried dvi, vga from my main monitor, vga from mobo and vga from another old monitor but with no luck, I've also tried playing with the ram, cmos and psu cables, yesterday it was working just fine, all the fans are spinning normally

stegeranandrei

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018

I've also tried with a new VGA cable and it's still black

bvanevery

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Cleaning involves physically moving things around. Could you have yanked something that was firmly seated to the innards of your machine, and thereby put something out of place inside the machine?

Could you have bumped some kind of Input Select button while cleaning, so the input is coming to the wrong port on the monitor?

stegeranandrei

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
I've tried reseating most of the parts, but I did remove the heatsink fan from the processor to clean the heatsink, it was a matter of removing 4 screws and putting them back in, while the psu cable was disconnected, could that be the problem?

bvanevery

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Seeing as how it's something you did and you have an unusable system, YES it can be a problem. For instance, do you know with certainty that you put the PSU cable back in the right place? I just happened to have read the FAQ on that, it's stickied.