Question No Display, All fans working, no beep codes, is my motherboard dead/friend? Help, please.

Jun 23, 2021
From the start: TLDR below. So pretty much I built a pc for my little brother, it was working fine for a week or so maybe. Then my little brother left GTA running overnight by accident, and I woke up and I had to change the cords around or it would just turn on, but the screen wouldn't, no bios, nothing. He likes to not listen so he did it again, this time nothing I did worked, until I eventually got it to the bios, and put in my installation usb, and installed windows from my own pc. It was fine, I honestly don't know if he did the same thing, or just left the computer on overnight this time, but either way, nothing I did worked after that. I tried everything at this point, I got another HDD cause I thought that was the problem, but looking back, it wouldn't make sense because it came with another older pc, so if it did, it would've had to work. I think the motherboard is dead, because I got no beep codes, without ram too, and its a chinese motherboard (didn't realize when I bought it, I know its obvious, sh**) and the gpu is used but newly bought too, I also tested the ram and HDD in another system and its fine. I don't know if it would load on the system because its a different gpu with pretty much similar specs but people say it would fine, so I'm not sure what to do since the PSU is also completely new. Also, so surely thats not it, it also has way more power then needed. Ive tried the used gpu, then my own old gpu and nothing.

I tried everything I can think of, reset the cmos, change ram and figured out it works fine, reseatted the ram, reseated sata, reseated all power cables, changed HDD.

TLDR: When I turn it on, the fans run, the gpu fan runs, the cpu fan runs, If the motherboard was dead, would they run? I also have the exact same cpu in the other pc, so I could switch them, and see if it runs then, but itd be a lot of work, but I guess it would take out the "dead cpu" option, any ideas? Buy a new motherboard? Switch cpus then if the one I thought is dead works then buy a motherboard? Ive been troubleshooting for so long, its been a week at this point and my sleep schedule isn't a sleep schedule anymore.

Jun 23, 2021
Specs are, GPU: Sparkle GTX 580. Ram: 1x4gb Kingston, 1x4gb SK Hynix (not sure of speeds could check). Motherboard: Tangxi, LGA1155. CPU: i5-3470. PSU: Gamemax 600w semi modular 80+ bronze certified vp 600 rgb. HDD: 1TB Western Digital, IntelliPower 7200rpm. Sorry been a few hours was out

Specs are, GPU: Sparkle GTX 580. Ram: 1x4gb Kingston, 1x4gb SK Hynix (not sure of speeds could check). Motherboard: Tangxi, LGA1155. CPU: i5-3470. PSU: Gamemax 600w semi modular 80+ bronze certified vp 600 rgb. HDD: 1TB Western Digital, IntelliPower 7200rpm. Sorry been a few hours was out
pls dont mix and match ram... just run with a single stick and u wud be happy...