Question No display and fans turn off and on

timtop

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2014
My PC has no display and the fans go off and on for like 3seconds.
The day before it got issue the symptoms already showing and I tried turning off and on like 3-5 times until it shows display, but the next day it has no display at all after trying many times
For now I bought new CPU and Motherboard, all old parts are the same and no more issue
I would like to sell my CPU but I'm not sure if my CPU or Motherboard is the faulty one

CPU: I7 6700
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2
Ram: 2x 8gb 2133mhz
GPU: gtx 1660 super
Power supply: Corsair CV550

timtop

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2014
Hard to say. Do you happen to have or know someone who has a PSU that can be used for testing and an extra stick of proper RAM for the parts you took out?
I'm sure all other parts are fine since I currently using it right now with new CPU and Motherboard (I bought I3 12100 and H610M motherboard)

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
No, I mean to test the old board and CPU. A basic power supply with the right cabling and a single stick of RAM just to see.
Ideally you would also have another compatible mobo and CPU to cross check with, but probably no point in that as you would exceed your sale price if you don't already have them on hand.

IDK where you are located but I have noticed here than anything too old to be on W11 really slowed down on demand.

timtop

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2014
No, I mean to test the old board and CPU. A basic power supply with the right cabling and a single stick of RAM just to see.
Ideally you would also have another compatible mobo and CPU to cross check with, but probably no point in that as you would exceed your sale price if you don't already have them on hand.

IDK where you are located but I have noticed here than anything too old to be on W11 really slowed down on demand.
Unfortunately I can't find other parts for testing. I might end up going to repair shop if I can find one that can test my cpu. For now I might find answers in the internet

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Unfortunately I can't find other parts for testing. I might end up going to repair shop if I can find one that can test my cpu. For now I might find answers in the internet

Before you do that it would be a good idea to look around on your used marketplaces, Ebay, LetGo, GumTree, FB, CL (maybe even AliExpress) and so on to see if you can find what these are actually selling for. It would be really easy to pay a shop more than it's worth to test it. If you are going to break even or go in the hole just stuff it into the back of your parts closet and keep an eye open for the required parts on the cheap.