Question No display, and ports not getting power ?

Sep 30, 2023
Hello tech enthusiasts,
I'm facing several perplexing issues with my HP Mini 110-3610se laptop running Windows 7 Pro, and I'm hoping to get some guidance from the knowledgeable members of this forum. First of all, the power button wire is torn, and I have to manually bridge two points with a screwdriver to turn on the laptop.

But the main issue is that When the laptop powers on, I'm not getting any display on the screen, the ports are non-functional, but the cooling fan and HDD motor is running. I encountered this problem even when the power button worked properly.

I booted the pc removing the cmos battery found that the ports are getting power, the cooling fan is running faster but still no display and pc doesnt seem to be booted. I dont care much about this old pc, but still, is there any last thing that I can try? Any insights, tips, or step-by-step guides you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It's likely that the motherboard for the laptop has a corrupt BIOS but given the age of the laptop, I feel like it's time to retire it since any repairs/replacement parts for it will equate to you buying another brand new entry level laptop.

Sep 30, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It's likely that the motherboard for the laptop has a corrupt BIOS but given the age of the laptop, I feel like it's time to retire it since any repairs/replacement parts for it will equate to you buying another brand new entry level laptop.
Thanks for your insight. I'll certainly take your advice into consideration.