Distinguished
Aug 6, 2013
Specs:
Ryzen 3700X with stock cooler
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
MSI RTX 2070 gaming 8gb
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3000mhz
Corsair RM750x
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 500gb (windows 10)
WD blue 1tb (Storage)

Hello, i have had this problem fpr a long time now. It startet this summer when i turned on the pc there was no display.
Only black screen.

I have tried another monitor, tried displayport and hdmi cable. Tried using another PSU, GPU, RAM. So i tought it was the motherboard that was the problem. Got a new one on warranty, same problem. Only pc component that i have not tried (except SSD with the os) is the CPU. But i doubt it is the CPU that is the problem..?

I have taken out the CMOS battery like 10 times now. No difference. Sometimes rare i can boot it into Bios, and everything seems to work fine, with working display and all. But when i try to boot it into windows it blacks out.

Been a long time since i got into the bios now. I want to update bios and see if it helps but i cant even get into bios anymore so..

I would appreciate some help and tips :)starting to give up on this now..

Solution
Have you tried removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard while the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall? Leaving the battery out overnight? Which slots are you populating the sticks of ram on the motherboard?

Breadboard the system and use the bare minimum. When you are able to boot to the GUI, can you try and get into the BIOS using this method;
Click on Start>Click on Power>Prior to hitting on Restart, press and hold down the shift key>Press Restart. You should be met with a blue screen and then you can follow through step 5 onwards.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard while the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall? Leaving the battery out overnight? Which slots are you populating the sticks of ram on the motherboard?

Breadboard the system and use the bare minimum. When you are able to boot to the GUI, can you try and get into the BIOS using this method;
Click on Start>Click on Power>Prior to hitting on Restart, press and hold down the shift key>Press Restart. You should be met with a blue screen and then you can follow through step 5 onwards.

Solution