Question No display coming up on the monitor

Feb 20, 2019
i have just attempted to build my first pc and i believe i have done everything right, everything lights up showing they have power but there is no display coming up on the screen. I would appreciate any type of help.

Feb 20, 2019
what cable are you using to connect to the monitor? is that cable connected to the graphics card? have you tried different cables? do you have another display to test?
i have used both hdmi and displayport cable, and have also used a working set of hdmi cables but it is still not working. And no i don't have any other system to test it on unfortunately

warpcrash

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Ok is the monitor confirmed working? if so. Attempt booting using the bare minimum of required compnonents. cpu, mobo, 1 ram stick, the integrated graphics only, and PSU. nothing else and see if it will POST.

warpcrash

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Might have to flash the bios 1st depends how old the bios on it is... Also I never bought OC ram because I wondered how that would work with out a slower supported stick to post and set it up for the OC ram.

Feb 20, 2019
i got this from youtube

1. shut down your pc
  2. switch your power supply to off
  3. unplug psu from wall
  4. while using something like an anti static strap , find and pull out the cmos battery. it should be like a 3v watch battery
  5. hold your power button in for 15 seconds , this clears and the current still in your components
  6. insert cmos battery back
  7. plug psu into wall
  8. turn on your pc
  9. you will get a message saying everything has been reset to default.
  10. hit the key it tells you to continue
  11. done :)

Feb 20, 2019
i got this from youtube

1. shut down your pc
  2. switch your power supply to off
  3. unplug psu from wall
  4. while using something like an anti static strap , find and pull out the cmos battery. it should be like a 3v watch battery
  5. hold your power button in for 15 seconds , this clears and the current still in your components
  6. insert cmos battery back
  7. plug psu into wall
  8. turn on your pc
  9. you will get a message saying everything has been reset to default.
  10. hit the key it tells you to continue
  11. done :)
thanks!! finally got it working