[SOLVED] No display, computer fires up, tried two GPUS

Sep 11, 2019
I have a 2080, a b450m and a 2600, I tried a spare GPU but the monitor still says no signal. I've tried different inputs and monitors, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Solution
I've tried different inputs and monitors, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
What video outputs did you try?
I hope, you're not connecting your monitor to video outputs on motherboard.
Because Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics and video outputs on motherboard will not work with it.

Also - what video cables did you use? Any adapters (like DVI -> VGA or something)?
What's the Make and model of your Motherboard and Power supply unit/PSU ? Do you have the latest system BIOS installed on this PC ? Clear the CMOS settings, and then try again.

Did you plug the PCI-E cables to the GPU from your PSU, 6 or 8-PIN power connector ? Can you at least see the BIOS POST screen, or the display is totally blank ?

Reactions: FarWish384
Sep 11, 2019
Its an ASUS Prime B450M-A. The PSU is a Phanteks. I'm not sure what BIOS version is on there. Will try clearing CMOS and report back. The PCI-E Cables are plugged in.

Thanks

I've tried different inputs and monitors, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
What video outputs did you try?
I hope, you're not connecting your monitor to video outputs on motherboard.
Because Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics and video outputs on motherboard will not work with it.

Also - what video cables did you use? Any adapters (like DVI -> VGA or something)?

Solution