[SOLVED] No display during bootup

clemsontigerblah

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2015
I built a computer to use as VR in my living room and have it connected to my Roku 4K TV via HDMI from a RTX 3070ti. I have Windows 10 on system. Works fine, except when I bootup, the TV doesn't show anything (except 'no signal' picture) until it reaches the login screen for windows then it works fine. This is problematic as when I try to enter the UEFI on bootup as nothing displays when I enter UEFI. (I am assuming this because when I hit F2 on restart, the TV never shows the Windows logon screen). I just get a 'no signal' message on the TV.

Is this a Roku TV issue and will just have to hookup a monitor to the PC if I ever have to enter the UEFI (which I successfully did while I was setting the system up before moving it to living room)? Or, is there something I can change on the TV or system to remedy this?

Thanks for your help.

Solution
I built a computer to use as VR in my living room and have it connected to my Roku 4K TV via HDMI from a RTX 3070ti. I have Windows 10 on system. Works fine, except when I bootup, the TV doesn't show anything (except 'no signal' picture) until it reaches the login screen for windows then it works fine. This is problematic as when I try to enter the UEFI on bootup as nothing displays when I enter UEFI. (I am assuming this because when I hit F2 on restart, the TV never shows the Windows logon screen). I just get a 'no signal' message on the TV.

Is this a Roku TV issue and will just have to hookup a monitor to the PC if I ever have to enter the UEFI (which I successfully did while I was setting the system up before moving it...

Is this a Roku TV issue and will just have to hookup a monitor to the PC if I ever have to enter the UEFI (which I successfully did while I was setting the system up before moving it to living room)? Or, is there something I can change on the TV or system to remedy this?

Thanks for your help.
If you only used hdmi, something should be up.

but if you did use hdmi and dp, it might be the DP is the first port that it uses.

Solution