[SOLVED] No display for too long, pc working

bux

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2013
never have had this kind of problem before, i hope i ll be able to explain:
after star/restart, monitor says No signal, but cpu and gpu fans spin, keyboard and mouse work, after some time ( the time is random, 30,60 secs... ) the monitor starts receiving signal and pc works without problem, sometimes it doesnt fix itself and i have to reset the computer lol. Monitor is connected via displayport, i tried connecting into GPU and also into displayport on the motherboard, no difference. Monitor is fine, everything works on different pc. Funny thing is, everything worked perfectly fine 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago I changed motherboard, cpu, cooler and ram and i decided to build a computer for my father from extra hardware I had no use for. So the hardware I am struggling with now is i7 6700, asus z170 pro gaming, gtx 980, 850w seasonic psu, 16gb 2133 ram, noctua cpu c ooler, samsung evo 840 ssd - all these parts were working perfectly fine 2 weeks ago. They still work now, but I have problems with start ups, I cant even get into bios now, when monitor says no signal, I cant do anything and once it starts working, it is already on its way into windows. it feels like there is delayed communication with motherboard and monitor somehow or the motherboard got fcked up somehow. if my description isnt enough, i can try to record on phone this phenomena. please help, this is nuts

Solution
problem solved, piece of metal from case was bent towards inside, i didnt notice and as i was installing mobo, i scratched the backside of mobo big time and fcked it up :( unlucky

bux

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2013
update: i pulled out the battery for 10 mins, put it back and now I dont boot at all :D , pc is turned on, leds r on, fans spins but no signal on monitor, cant get into bios, the motherboard has red led light on at boot_device position , I think motherboard is gone, sad. maybe the battery is dead ? can I buy new one ?

Last edited:

bux

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2013
monitor cable is fine as i am using the monitor right now on my main pc and i was using it yesterday evening without problem, i suspect i somehow physically damaged the mobo during installation / transport and i finished it by reseting the bios :) anyway i decided to swallow my pride and i brought the pc to pc repair shop, lets see what they find out, maybe first i should have tried buying new mobo with 1151 socket, test it and then return it in 14 day period :D

bux

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2013
problem solved, piece of metal from case was bent towards inside, i didnt notice and as i was installing mobo, i scratched the backside of mobo big time and fcked it up :( unlucky

Solution