Question No display from new RTX 3050

Sep 2, 2022
Hi all! I bought a Optiplex 9020 MT motherboard and a new RTX 3050. Upon installing the PSU (600w) and plugging in the HDMI I recive no signal. The fans for the GPU along with the CPU cooler both spin. The GPU is fully plugged in besides the last piece on the end. Is this required? Thanks

Sep 2, 2022
You would need to be specific. Thermaltake has a lot of very poor PSUs. If it's a TR2 or Smart, it's garbage, but a Toughpower/Toughpower Grand is usually OK to very good.

It's a bit like asking if a "2010 Ford" is good. Ford has a lot of different vehicles.
Dang ok, it was a smart 80+ White model, would of assumed it was good considering the reviews however. I'm just needing a cheap PSU but good quality to run my computer. Any suggestions?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Dang ok, it was a smart 80+ White model, would of assumed it was good considering the reviews however. I'm just needing a cheap PSU but good quality to run my computer. Any suggestions?

There's no good actual review of this PSU. There are customer reviews, but those are worthless because the average consumer can't identify anything other than whether the PC works or it doesn't. Any PSU review that is worth the digital ink it's printed with will involve expensive test equipment such as a load tester and oscilloscope. This PSU is just a dirt-cheap Sirfa made 15 years ago with Thermaltake branding slapped on it.

There's no such thing as "cheap but good" though you don't need as high a wattage as some other people since you don't have a power-hungry GPU. A CX 450 is usually the cheapest PSU worth buying for a GPU like this, but that will depend on country.