[SOLVED] No display from graphics card after the processor burnt out

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I was using a GT 710 on my old DG31PR motherboard. Accidently, I broke some of the CPU pins (Don't ask how) and had to power cycle it a lot while trying to bend back the remaining ones. The CPU burnt out and the motherboard was dead.

I got a new PC and installed a GT 1030 on it. I was thinking of selling the old GT 710, but It didn't give me display after I plugged it into my new motherboard. Its not a motherboard problem as the GT 1030 works perfectly.

Also, when I plugged in my GT 710 a second time, the motherboard completely shut down after 3 seconds and automatically powered on again. No display on the screen.

I guess there is a shorting problem. I changed the thermal paste too when my new motherboard was being delivered. I used a Deepcool Z3 thermal paste syringe which is completely non conductive (I checked it with a multimeter).

Any way I can fix it?

Solution
GT710 is basically a paperweight when it does work. Not worth the price of shipping.

Any effort you put into fixing it is costing you time you could be using on something more productive. Like taking an amazon survey and getting a free movies or something.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GT710 is basically a paperweight when it does work. Not worth the price of shipping.

Any effort you put into fixing it is costing you time you could be using on something more productive. Like taking an amazon survey and getting a free movies or something.

Solution

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
The CPU burnt out and the motherboard was dead.
That's your issue.
If a motherboard dies, it usually takes stuff with it.
In this case it was the 710.

That card under these circumstances is severely damaged, potentially beyond repair. A 710 retails for about $50, so it's not worth repairing.

TRENDING THREADS