Question no display from graphics card: due to motherboard?

May 28, 2020
Notes
  • (this is my first post, so I'm sorry if I uploaded in the wrong section/ haven't been clear enough about my issues)
  • (my pc's integrated graphics works with the gpu installed and the gpu is getting power as there is a blue light above my 8 pin connector)
  • (I posted this in the motherboard section as I thinks it's a motherboard fault)
Specs:
  • I5 2400
  • Gigabyte GA H61MA D2V
  • 10 gb ddr3 (1x8gb + 1x2gb)
  • Cooler master real power pro 1000w
  • Xfx RX 580 8gb
I was dealing with the issue of my gpu not giving out a display, and I found out that it was because of outdated motherboard bios, so once updated, it worked fine. However, once turned off, and back on later in the day, no display yet again. I took out the cmos battery and reseated the ram, and it worked fine. I ran a gta v benchmark and it ran absolutely perfectly, so I doubt it's a gpu issue as the card is practically new. However I turned it on the next day without a display, and this time reseating the ram and taking out the cmos battery resulted in nothing, and since yesterday, there is no display. I tried a different cmos battery that was equivalent to my current one yet nothing changed. I have basically given up, as I've tried all the fixes online. (and it's a fresh install of windows so no old and lingering drivers)

I personally think it's a motherboard issue, however feel free to suggest anything that may help me

Thank you for reading!

May 28, 2020
I've been using it for about a week and it works fine, but this is usually after taking out and reseating the ram for some odd reason. sometimes turning it on it works no issue, but when i turn it on and there is no display, reseating the ram may work first try, but sometimes takes 5 attempts of ejecting and connecting the ram. I did a diagnostic test on the ram and its fine. It's not really much of an issue any more as i know the solution, but its still a tad annoying. Also sorry for the late reply

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS