No display from Graphics Card

Jul 22, 2018
I am unable to access bios settings because the mobo has no onboard graphics output. So it has a Graphics card and my problem is that it isn't sending any display signal to my monitor. I have spent £15 on cables and adapters and nothing is working, and I have 2 graphics cards and it is the same with both. (One is a 720 ti, not sure about the other one although it looks a monster).

So the better card has a HDMI, a VGA and what I think is called a DVI. I was trying all possibilities to my tv flatscreen, hoping to get hdmi working, but now I am trying it on my standard PC monitor with both VGA and DVI using an adapter plug that changes DVI to VGA.

Basically no matter what I try is not working, I cant boot up using board output as it doesn't have one, so I cant access bios settings to try to configure it,

What am I doing wrong? This PC worked fine before I got it home

Solution
SOLVED it :)

OK so I looked up the model of the motherboard and found a manual online - theres a jumper pin on the board that is set to store CMOS settings, this was configured to the last set-up, so I followed the instructions and moved the pin to reset/short the CMOS, then put it back in the original position and fired it up - and it came on first time.

Thanks for the suggestions and time to help me

Wolfshadw

Titan
Using the "better" graphics card, connect it to the PC monitor using VGA to see if you're getting a signal. If so, then shut down your computer again, leave the PC monitor connection alone and then connect the Flatscreen using the HDMI so both displays are connected. Reboot your system. What happens?

-Wolf sends

Oh. And what is the model number of the flatscreen?

Jul 22, 2018

The better looking of the 2 graphics cards doesn't have a model or make on it, other than on the double fan housing it has "Gainward" written on it.

At this point I would be happy to just get it running via the VGA to a standard PC monitor for now just to be able to turn it on. That being said the flatscreen I was trying to connect to HDMI is a Luxor 40" flatscreen, unfortunately I cant get it off the wall easily to find an exact model number.

With the both VGA and HDMI plugged in as you asked, it does nothing. However, I noticed something odd earlier - when trying to display to the monitor using VGA, it did this: The monitor was already in an idle screensaver/powersaving mode from being left on, but when I turn on the computer it snaps out of screensaver mode to tell me "No signal" which seems really odd, almost like it is picking up something for it to come out of screensaver/powersaver mode yet all it shows is "No signal"

The PC itself is a custom built gaming system, I don't have the full spec of the parts as it was not built by me but I bought it off a friend, I saw the thing working before I bought it, and he said he used the HDMI straight out of the back - and also had 2 screens hooked up to the double DVI outputs at one point.

Jul 22, 2018
SOLVED it :)

OK so I looked up the model of the motherboard and found a manual online - theres a jumper pin on the board that is set to store CMOS settings, this was configured to the last set-up, so I followed the instructions and moved the pin to reset/short the CMOS, then put it back in the original position and fired it up - and it came on first time.

Thanks for the suggestions and time to help me

Solution