[SOLVED] No Display From Mobo or GPU

Apr 21, 2020
2 Days ago i upgraded my 1060 to an rx 5700 xt. Sadly the gpu was extremely under throttling while playing at 1080p so I decided to take it out and return it. When I put my 1060 back in I cant seem to get a display coming from the gpu or the mobo.

Gpu lights and fans kick on no problem

Retried the RX5700 Xt, lights and fan spin, no display

I tried booting with no GPU and still nothing. No beeps, no lights.

ive tried 2 different monitors with display port & hdmi cables

Specs-

i5 8600k

gtx 1060

2 8gb ram

mobo - MSI Z370 A-Pro

650W Gold PSU

a few notes-
After installing the rx5700 when i first got it I installed new video drivers aswell as updated my bios to the latest version. Everything was still working after updating

Last edited:
Solution
2 Days ago i upgraded my 1060 to an rx 5700 xt. Sadly the gpu was extremely under throttling while playing at 1080p so I decided to take it out and return it. When I put my 1060 back in I cant seem to get a display coming from the gpu or the mobo.

Specs-

i5 8600k

gtx 1060

2 8gb ram

mobo - MSI Z370 A-Pro

650W Gold PSU

a few notes-
After installing the rx5700 when i first got it I installed new video drivers aswell as updated my bios to the latest version. Everything was still working after updating

Bassplate

Reputable

Specs-

i5 8600k

gtx 1060

2 8gb ram

mobo - MSI Z370 A-Pro

650W Gold PSU

a few notes-
Hi there :benetton:
I know this sounds odd but Did you try booting up only using one RAM stick per time?
See if your computer boots up only with one RAM stick(It can be an faulty RAM that can cause the system not to boot up...Or reset your Bios maybe it would also help to boot into bios

Solution