Question No display from monitor upon PC power up.

CPTBEEMO

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
Hello.

I gave my old PC away to a friend when I built my new one, So I am asking this on her behalf.

M5A97 R2.0 Mobo
AMD Phenom II X4 processor
GTX 1050 - formerly a GTX 760

When the PC is turned on, there is no display coming from the monitor. When I say no display, It doesnt even look like the monitor wakes from sleep when you power on the PC. She has tried a different cable, and a different display, concern still remains present. She replaced the 760 with a 1050 GPU, this new GPU does not have a power input. it looks as if the power to the gpu is fed through the PCI express slot.

Anyways, She still has no display after replacing the graphics card. I am honestly stumped here.

Hope someone can help!

Ralston18

Titan
Put the 760 back in place. If the 760 works then the new GTX1050 may be defective.

What PSU is installed in the PC? Make, model, wattage, age, condition? PSU may not be up to supporting the GTX1050.

However, you did not mention drivers: did she update the GPU drivers?

My suggestion is to download the GTX1050 drivers again via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure.

If that fails to work then the GTX1050 is suspect.

Can you try the GTX1050 in another computer?

CPTBEEMO

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
The problem originally persisted with the 760 installed. I ensured at the time of giving it to her that drivers were up to date, and suggested she check for updates once a week (ish).

She suspected the 760 to be the originating fault of the no display issue, therefore she replaced it and still has problems.

the PSU is a EVGA Supernova 750B 750 watt PSU semi modular. It should be able to handle the 75 watts of the 1050.

TRENDING THREADS