No Display From My GTX 1060 After Purchasing A New Motherboard

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Everyone. Today I am here to discuss a very strange issue that I am experiencing since the arrival of my new Motherboard. I'll get in detail BUT if you guys want to ask anything else... Feel free to ask :)

Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 @ 3.40 GHz

Asus Q87M-E Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM

Inno3d GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Twin X2

Antec VP450 Power Supply

Cooler Master MB600L Chassis

HP 1902 19" LCD (1280x1024 @ 60Hz)

_________
My Issue:
---------------
1. Since I bought Asus Q87M-E, I am not getting display from my GPU

2. PC successfully turns on and reaches to desktop because I can here the "totoon" sound of notification poping up. :) No Display though:(

3. All GPU fans are running and there is nothing awkward there

4. When Windows is loaded and reaches to desktop, I pressed ALT+F4 and then pressed Enter and my pc successfully shutdown. Which means PC is working fine. No Display though :(

1. Removed the gpu from my motherboard and tried booting up through the HDMI port in my mobo and display came:)

2. Took my GPU to my friend's house and checked it on his pc and everything was fine

3. Tried resetting my BIOS when LCD's hdmi cable was connected to mobo's hdmi port then I connected my GPU but still no display.

4. I uninstalled all the display drivers using DDU but still no display from gpy.

I know my English is all messed up. So if you guys want anything else. Please ask freely. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mirza Taimoor Baig

Solution
Yes of course that adapter will work. But as i said, they are a pain in the backside, some boards/cards are compatible and some arent. As i said, grab yourself a HDMI cable at both ends and test for the video then. Even if you just know a guy that has a half decent monitor!

mwryder55

Distinguished
Do you have another power supply you could try? The 1060 video card may need better power than what you currently have. I had problems when I first got my 1060 where it went black in games. I had a more powerful power supply but it was a cheap generic one so I feel that was part of the problem.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Mwryder55, the recommended psu for my gpu is 400W. But still I am using a 450W psu. I don't think that is the problem.... But my gpu worked fine on my friend's pc. I'll check which psu he is using. Wait here. Thanks

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

Where i do agree that 400W is what GFX card is recommended to have, it is wrong to assume that any PSU can give a constant output of the max wattage they produce. Sometimes they can drop a few W. To be honest, for this card i'd recommend a solid, reliable 500W PSU or 550W is better!

However this doesnt mean that this is whats causing the issue.

You said you recently upgraded your motherboard. Is it brand new or refurbished? Its a long a shot but maybe the PCIE slot is fubard (technical term of course). Do you have access to another GPU that you can try? If that GPU doesnt come up then it may be something with the board? (A smaller GPU maybe a GTX 7 series or below would be a great test as they dont require much power.

Thanks,

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

This card is perfect to test, that way, we know that the PSU is not an issue as it can definitely provide an efficient amount of power to the card. If the card can fit in the same PCIE slot then it will be an adequate test. By completing the test we rule out the motherboard as being an issue if it works.

About the adapter, im not convinced the adapter is at fault if it is working even now when plugged in to the Motherboard. I dont believe the adapter has anything to do with the issues you're experiencing.

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

Sorry did you say you have HDMI to VGA adapter?

Those things are impossible. You cannot convert a digital signal from HDMI to Analogue from the VGA. I 100% can assure you if you had a straight HDMI to HDMI cable going from your GFX card to your Monitor it would work.

Whilst it is true that you can indeed convert signal with SOME adapters, most GPU and Monitor combos will not support it. I bet you, if you test this with a standard HDMI cable it'll work.

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
Yes of course that adapter will work. But as i said, they are a pain in the backside, some boards/cards are compatible and some arent. As i said, grab yourself a HDMI cable at both ends and test for the video then. Even if you just know a guy that has a half decent monitor!

Solution

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

No TV that you can connect up with a HDMI port for testing purposes only?

I'd recommend getting a new monitor! Or if your monitor allows DVI get a HDMI to DVI cable and use other means for Audio - some speakers or something.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
I was using this mobo back then....

https://www.google.com/search?q=hp+ipm87-mp+motherboard+specs&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjyiM236Y3eAhUxsqQKHTjyCqEQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=559#imgrc=9Tyhths_I-xtWM:

And u said that nvidia 10 series gpu are fully digital.... then why the issue comes with a gt 210???