[SOLVED] No Display From New GPU

oceiros

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
I just upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1050 to a Radeon Vega 64 for work purposes. However, after switching between the two, I can't get any display output from either graphics card when it's installed. I'm lead to believe that I uninstalled the drivers incorrectly from my old card ( a friend told me to uninstall the drivers first), so I now have a paradox where I can't install new drivers as I can only get a display when I have no GPU installed, but I need a GPU installed for the AMD driver installation client to proceed. Have I caused irreversable damage to my system or is there a way around this (even factory resetting is fine if needs be)?

I don't know if it's relevant but I also upgraded my PSU from a 500W to an 850W model. I'm fairly sure I rewired everything correctly, but if it's a possible issue trying again is on the table.

Solution
use DDU while booted with no GPU installed to completely remove any traces of old drivers.

Then reboot.

Then shutdown from start menu, flip switch on PSU, hold power button for 10 seconds.

Then install GPU and plug in power cables.

Then flip switch back on PSU and turn on the PC.

If that isn't something that works, perform a CMOS reset.
Be sure to refer to the manual of your specific motherboard for any particular instructions for doing a proper CMOS reset on your system.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
use DDU while booted with no GPU installed to completely remove any traces of old drivers.

Then reboot.

Then shutdown from start menu, flip switch on PSU, hold power button for 10 seconds.

Then install GPU and plug in power cables.

Then flip switch back on PSU and turn on the PC.

If that isn't something that works, perform a CMOS reset.
Be sure to refer to the manual of your specific motherboard for any particular instructions for doing a proper CMOS reset on your system.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Solution