Question No Display, GPU Fans Max Out

Feb 16, 2023
I Recently built my first Gaming Computer, and the GPU I bought (An RX 580 Gaming X 8GB) thermal paste was probably never replaced so I went ahead and did so. Come to find out after reassembly, when trying to play and game or run any benchmark, it will run for a few seconds then I loose Display Output (Rest of the pc stays on) and the GPU Fans Max out. I know I probably did something wrong while reassembly but if anyone has had something similar happen, Information on how you fixed it would be a great help.
Specs:
I5 10400F (Ik its getting bottlenecked by the GPU)
MSI Z490-A Pro
16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MT
RX 580 Gaming X 8GB

It might just be the HDMI output that's being problematic.

Stick one of these in your DisplayPort and that should fix the issue:
MX00119547-0.jpg

Club3D DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0, 4K60Hz Active Adapter - HDMI Cables - Memory Express Inc.

That's a Canadian listing but Club3D connectors are available everywhere. If you can't find one, just get a DisplayPort to HDMI connector. I would recommend one like this that supports 4K60Hz video because the cheap ones only support 4K30Hz. If you have no need for 60fps at 4K (or if you don't have a 4K screen) then a cheap one like this will work just as well:
58630.jpg

iCAN DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Adapter, Gold Plated, White | Canada Computers & Electronics
I gave links so that you could see the specifications of both adapters.

Feb 16, 2023
Personally I dont think that the problem cause before I changed the paste the Only problem was the driver would crash once when trying to boot up a game for the first time after powering on the PC then I would have no problems, plus I'm currently using an HDMI connection

TRENDING THREADS