[SOLVED] No display GPU for gaming?

Ryflick

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
steamcommunity.com
Hello guys, I'm new here
I would like to ask that can you play using a non-display port GPU such as GTX 1060 Mining Edition? Is mining edition GPUs work for gaming purposes without display attached to it? Or do I still need to reconsider to buy a display-port available GPUs?

I was probably try to create something like this :
CPU : i5 8400
GPU (what I planned to buy) : GTX 1060 6GB Mining Edition

Solution
Or should I just go with retail GTX 1060? But it's way higher price rather than Mining Edition GPUs, or maybe do you have any other suggestions?
In this price point go for an amd card rx 570 or rx 580. Dont risk your money for the mining card cause in the end may cost you more.

Ryflick

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
steamcommunity.com
But I did research for a while, most people who had Integrated graphics on their CPU will put an output display to the CPU instead rather to put it to GPU display, and they still could play games with the GPU, but is it applicable to Mining Edition GPUs?

Ryflick

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
steamcommunity.com
But Linus video I watched using a Nvidia custom type such as P106-100, whereas I currently planned to buy is a GTX 1060, but it's a"Mining Edition"
So, is the "Mining Edition" GTX 1060 GPU still need a tweaked / custom unlicensed drivers? Or should it run smoothly with WHQL GTX 1060 retail drivers?