No DISPLAY - Grabbing a SHOTGUN right about NOW.

electroh0lic

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Okay. Im going to try to make this very well explained because i am going crazy just about now. I have this computer that was working fine before. I had windows 7 on it. One day it just didnt boot into windows anymore. I tried reinstalling windows 7 but at "completing installation " it would go blank. I would never be able to complete an installation. I had the idea to order a brand new motherboard, since i was ordering one i was like hey why not? so i also ordered a new processor (i7 920). Parts arrivated..I assembled them. I go to turn on my PC and no display. No beeps. No nothing. I thought maybe the motherboard came defective. So i sent it back, got another one. I also ordered a brand new 1100 watt PSU just incase. Everything arrived today. I assembled it with some hope i would get a display. NOTHING! No beeps, nothing. All motherboard lights looked fine. My Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus P6TD Deluxe
Gfx card: ATI Radeon 9800 gx2
Processor: i7 920
-displaying on an Olevia 226t HDTV

My last hypothesis was maybe my HDTV wasnt compatible somehow with my motherboard stock settings. I found this old monitor in the garbage. Tried it on and didnt work either. I wanted to make sure the monitor was working correctly so i plugged it into my old PC and it worked on it. I also tested to make sure my video card wasnt burned out on my older PC and it worked as well. So it leaves me with no ideas. Tried resetting CMOS jumper. I think i already tried just having the gfx card in, i also dont think that worked..I mean seriously. What the heck can be happening. Im so frustrated. It cant be the processor can it? I mean even without a processor i believe it would show image..I just dont get if my graphics card is fine and my motherboard is fine i believe because its the 2nd one i ordered. PSU is fresh. What else is there? Please send me some ideas. They will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

electroh0lic

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

Yes i have. I also put in the EATX 4 pin connector. It had a cap on 4 of the pins but i took it out since i read u can get it more stable with 8-pin. So if ur PSU can do 8-pin go for it.

electroh0lic

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

Thats what i was going to ask next. If my processor was shot would it still show some kind of image? Are you sure the screen stays black if the processor is burnt out ? thanks

I don't know about your board, but my board actually had a power and reset button on the board itself. If you have one, make sure to try that.

When I first installed mine, I got nothing when I tried to turn it on. The motherboard button did work, which allowed me to see I had the power jumper 1 pin out of place.

electroh0lic

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

which jumper was wrong..i got some jumper on some chasis thing..idk which one ur talking about..do u got my same board? please get back to me.

I have a similar board, but not the same board. Mine is the P6T. The PWR cable from the enclosure was one pin to the right of where it was supposed to be. This sort of thing requires you to open up the manual that came with the mobo.

I realized this was the case because when I used the power button on the mobo itself, it turned on.

Reading your first post again, this is not your problem. It does appear you got to power up, but then it blanked out after installation.

electroh0lic

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
You were right my friend. I finally decided to go check the motherboard booklet and usually from my knowledge i use black slots all the time for ram and this MB said to actually use the red ones so it could boot up properly and that was the case. Thanks to ur link i went through every option. Thanks alot man. APpreciate it!

I thought that was odd too, when I put mine together. Of course I don't trust my knowledge and read the manual.