[SOLVED] No display i7-9700F

Sep 5, 2020
Hi, I'm encountering an issue and I'm stumped. I'm trying to upgrade my computer from i5-8400 to the i7-9700F. However, I'm getting no display when I have the 9700 inserted. I've reseated everything multiple times, and even put back my old CPU in and it worked fine. I've left the computer on for an hour just to see if anything would happen with the 9700 but nothing, and when I had my i5 in I tried to update the BIOS just in case with M-Flash but nothing. The only clue I have is that the light underneath my video card isn't coming on when it usually does when it's working fine, and I know the 9700F doesn't come with an integrated GPU. Ive probably reseated and replugged everything in 6x.

MSI Z370 Gaming plus Mobo
16 GB Sniper X 3200mhz Ram
EVGA GTX 2060
2 tb HDD
250GB SSD PNY
Was i5-8400 8th gen, trying to get I7-9700F 9th gen to work.

Solution
Has the BIOS been updated to a version that supports the 9700K? (If the mainboard still functions with the 8400, check to see what version is shown, and report it here..)

Once changing the CPU(assuming you ever get a BIOS into it that should function with it), you might have to pull power, and pull the BIOS battery, and clear CMOS..
Has the BIOS been updated to a version that supports the 9700K? (If the mainboard still functions with the 8400, check to see what version is shown, and report it here..)

Once changing the CPU(assuming you ever get a BIOS into it that should function with it), you might have to pull power, and pull the BIOS battery, and clear CMOS..

Solution