[SOLVED] No display if cooler is installed, display is fine if cooler is removed

May 23, 2021
New to this site, hi everyone!

I'm not really well-versed with computer hardware that much, I'll do my best to put things down in clear words as well as I can.

Specs:
Mobo: ASRock b450 steel legend
Cpu: ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce rtx 2060 super
Psu: Silverstone ET750-HG
Liquid cooler: Silverstone PF120
Ram: gskill trident neo 8GB 3000Mhz
Cabinet: nzxt h510
Stock cooler:
  1. Ryzen 5 stock cooler
  2. Ryzen wraith prism

Order of events:
  1. Two weeks back, my games started framing and I thought my liquid cooler (Silverstone Pf120) might be the problem. Checked it and noticed it was burnt. So I installed AMD Ryzen 5 3600's stock cooler. Everything worked fine for a week.
  2. I was worried the stock cooler wouldn't be safe to manage temperature with for too long, so a friend had a spare AMD Ryzen wraith prism. I installed it and I got no display. The fans would start spinning, rgb lights on but no post.
  3. I tried everything I could - tested ram, motherboard, processor, psu at friend's place one by one. Everything worked. But with the entire set up, it wouldn't work. Did the rewiring a lot of times, in vain. Although, a few times not all the times) it turned on when I tried without the cabinet. I'd install the parts back on the cabinet and it wouldn't work.
  4. Then the funniest thing happened, I removed the wraith prism and tried turning it on without any cooler, it worked perfectly fine. I installed the cooler again, no post. I tested this repeatedly and I could confirm, it's definitely something with the cooler.
  5. I also tried it with the stock ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler to check, that didn't work too (like how it worked 2 weeks back). It doesn't turn on even if I unplug the power supply to the coolers.

Could it be something about the pressure of the cooler's seated on the processor? Or some kinda shorting or static electricity? The local pc tester is suggesting it could be because the pressure of the cooler might be bending the processor pins or something alone those lines but I'm clueless. What do I do? Any suggestions would help. Thank you!

Solution
Hi,
I've tried it both ways, stock cooler plugged in and not, both of them don't work. I doubt it's the cpu fan header because of this.
So even with the stalk cooler seatednot plugged in it won't boot? Your over tightening the cooler and may have damaged the board slightly. Try less pressure on the screws
New to this site, hi everyone!

I'm not really well-versed with computer hardware that much, I'll do my best to put things down in clear words as well as I can.

Specs:
Mobo: ASRock b450 steel legend
Cpu: ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce rtx 2060 super
Psu: Silverstone ET750-HG
Liquid cooler: Silverstone PF120
Ram: gskill trident neo 8GB 3000Mhz
Cabinet: nzxt h510
Stock cooler:
  1. Ryzen 5 stock cooler
  2. Ryzen wraith prism

Order of events:
  1. Two weeks back, my games started framing and I thought my liquid cooler (Silverstone Pf120) might be the problem. Checked it and noticed it was burnt. So I installed AMD Ryzen 5 3600's stock cooler. Everything worked fine for a week.
  2. I was worried the stock cooler wouldn't be safe to manage temperature with for too long, so a friend had a spare AMD Ryzen wraith prism. I installed it and I got no display. The fans would start spinning, rgb lights on but no post.
  3. I tried everything I could - tested ram, motherboard, processor, psu at friend's place one by one. Everything worked. But with the entire set up, it wouldn't work. Did the rewiring a lot of times, in vain. Although, a few times not all the times) it turned on when I tried without the cabinet. I'd install the parts back on the cabinet and it wouldn't work.
  4. Then the funniest thing happened, I removed the wraith prism and tried turning it on without any cooler, it worked perfectly fine. I installed the cooler again, no post. I tested this repeatedly and I could confirm, it's definitely something with the cooler.
  5. I also tried it with the stock ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler to check, that didn't work too (like how it worked 2 weeks back). It doesn't turn on even if I unplug the power supply to the coolers.

Could it be something about the pressure of the cooler's seated on the processor? Or some kinda shorting or static electricity? The local pc tester is suggesting it could be because the pressure of the cooler might be bending the processor pins or something alone those lines but I'm clueless. What do I do? Any suggestions would help. Thank you!
Youaybe over tightening the cooler but have you tried with the cooler still seated not plugged in? If this works try using CPU opt fan header or what ever you mobo labels it's second CPU FAM header... Generally the new boards have two CPU fan headers. A pump header for liquid coolers then a couple chasy fan cooler headers use the second CPU fan header if the mobo post with the cooler still mounted

Youaybe over tightening the cooler but have you tried with the cooler still seated not plugged in? If this works try using CPU opt fan header or what ever you mobo labels it's second CPU FAM header... Generally the new boards have two CPU fan headers. A pump header for liquid coolers then a couple chasy fan cooler headers use the second CPU fan header if the mobo post with the cooler still mounted
If this post works your CPU fan header is fried on the mobo and probably has a defect in the sodaring or "copper/gold leads in the board it'self