Question No display if graphics card is installed

ElectroZen

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Trying to install a GTX 650 ti into a
ms-7869 ver 1.0 with a
I5 4460

If the graphics card is installed the pc will not output anything to the display the pc still boots up I think (power to usb devices)

Removing the card the pc runs and boots no problems

The bios has no way to change video accelerator while the card isn't installed and if the card is installed I can't see anything

Looked up bios update beause the bios looks extreamly outdated but it uses an AMI updater and i have no idea how to use it

Are you plugging the monitor into the graphics card? Or are you leaving it plugged into the motherboard video out?
If its the latter then you need to plug the monitor cable into the graphics card.

Since its a 650ti I assume it's a used card, if that's the case then it might be a bad card. I don't see why the BIOS would be an issue with the card out dated or not. One other possibility is that the PCIe slot is bad, so without trying the card in another computer or another card in your's it's hard to say.

ElectroZen

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Are you plugging the monitor into the graphics card? Or are you leaving it plugged into the motherboard video out?
If its the latter then you need to plug the monitor cable into the graphics card.

Since its a 650ti I assume it's a used card, if that's the case then it might be a bad card. I don't see why the BIOS would be an issue with the card out dated or not. One other possibility is that the PCIe slot is bad, so without trying the card in another computer or another card in your's it's hard to say.
I tried both the on board and graphics card ports. card worked in a different PC I had on hand so thats why i think its a BIOS problem the bios version looked like it was 4 versions behind