[SOLVED] No display input after power surge.

Oct 4, 2019
Monitor gets no video input after a power surge. The pc turns on and the cpu fan rotates normally, but my monitor gives me the no video input error and goes back to sleep mode. (tried connecting the monitor to a laptop and it works)
I already tried connecting the monitor through a VGA cable, reseating the gpu and connecting the monitor to the on-board graphics card. Nothing worked.
Could my gpu be damaged?
I should also say that this whole thing started because i tried upgrading my ram. I have two slots of ram in my motherboard, one empty and one with an 8GB ram stick. So i bought another 8GB ram (same as the one i had) and tried installing it (my motherboard supports up to 32gb of ram). The pc wasn't detecting the other 8Gb of ram so i unplugged the pc and tried installing it again. The fourth time i tried installing the ram i put the new ram in the slot of the first and the old ram in the other slot. When i plugged in my pc the power in half of the house stopped. And since then my monitor does't get any video input anymore.
Help me solve the problem please. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well then you are left with two scenarios, one your psu took a hit, which is doubtful since you do get poer to fans etc, your motherboard is fried. If you have a friend with a computer, take your gpu and ram and test it on their pc. If they come up ok then its probably your motherboard.
Oct 4, 2019
Is your monitor plugged in to surge protector?
Yes, and i also connected the monitor to a laptop and it works just fine. The problem is most likely in the pc. Could the power supply be the problem? It's a corsair vs 450w and it probably couldn't supply enough power for the 8gb of ram i added.
I have an intel core i3 7100k and a gtx 1050ti. It probably wasn't able to handle the 16gb of ram.

16 GB RAM only draws about 6-8 watts. And buying ram in different packages can be bad. They do not always work together. Just use your original ram while troubleshooting. Try pulling the motherboard battery, known as cmos , out and unplug the computer from the wall for 10 minutes. Then plug everything back in and try a restart. See if that helps.

Oct 4, 2019
16 GB RAM only draws about 6-8 watts. And buying ram in different packages can be bad. They do not always work together. Just use your original ram while troubleshooting. Try pulling the motherboard battery, known as cmos , out and unplug the computer from the wall for 10 minutes. Then plug everything back in and try a restart. See if that helps.
I tried it, still doesn't work.

Well then you are left with two scenarios, one your psu took a hit, which is doubtful since you do get poer to fans etc, your motherboard is fried. If you have a friend with a computer, take your gpu and ram and test it on their pc. If they come up ok then its probably your motherboard.

Solution