No display. Is it even resseting.

Blanc0077

Commendable
May 20, 2016
So I decided to reset my PC through the options which I do a lot with my laptop in windows 10. I do the reset and the PC says it has to restart, it restarts:

Mouse on

Keyboard on

No display - I don't even get the first screen with a company name.

One hour passes and I thought it generally got stuck.

I forcefully power it off and then turn it on

Mouse on

Keyboard on

No display

This has been happening in circles before the reset when I turned on my PC it took a strange 4 mins to actually fucking get it to load up. Which is not my PC at all. It usually loads up in 2 minutes.

Any help? I am pulling out my hair its a brand new PC for around £500. I want to know if I can fix it before sending it back to be fixed.

I tried HDMI and RGB none work. The monitor itself works.

I would understand if I forcefully powered it off while I seen it resseting and it broke that way but that is not the case since I don't even think it was resetting honestly. It has just been a black screen I left it for the night I wake up it is still a black screen.

Solution
If you aren't even getting a picture at the bios, its going to be hard to boot windows.

If this is only a fairly new pc, I would get them to fix it as it sounds like its a hardware fault. No way should a new pc take 4 minutes to boot, try 37 seconds..

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the pc? is it a brand name or custom made?

does motherboard have built in graphics you could try?

use you laptop and download the Windows 10 media creation tool - you may need the installer just for a boot disc, depends how well the reset went.

it sounds like a hardware problem of some sort, especially the slow boot time. It could be a driver problem too

Blanc0077

Commendable
May 20, 2016
Specs: windows 10 pro
System manufacturer: gigabyte technology co., Ltd
Processor: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: 12
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 950
The PC is custom made.
Yes I tried getting a display out of the motherboard and the GPU itself.
I will try your media creation tool advice.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you aren't even getting a picture at the bios, its going to be hard to boot windows.

If this is only a fairly new pc, I would get them to fix it as it sounds like its a hardware fault. No way should a new pc take 4 minutes to boot, try 37 seconds..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS