[SOLVED] No Display issue - ASUS PRIME H310I-PLUS R2.0 Motherboard

May 16, 2020
Hello,

I am building a new PC, and cannot boot it up as, whilst the machine appears to power on fine, there is no display shown on the monitor. I have checked the obvious things (connections, and so on).

Following the ASUS guide, I have disconnected everything except power, d-sub and 1 slot of RAM. When booting up, the PC speaker issues this:

Short beep shortly after pressing power. A few seconds then: Long beep, 3 short beeps, few seconds pause, then one last short beep.

Is that 3 or 4 short beeps?

3 signifies GFX, but I have no GFX installed, I am connecting directly to the Motherboard's D-SUB - So assume it isn't GFX
4 signifies CPU, but this appears fine. It's installed correctly, the CPU fan is working.

Its an Intel i5-9400 CPU, which is compatible according to the list.

I've also tried clearing the CMOS, taking the battery out and shorting the pins as it instructed. I assume this worked, but can't tell as there is no display and BIOS won't load.

Any suggestions appreciated

Solution
I assume so, the i5-9400F is in that list?

It's in the list so your issue isn't with the CPU. Maybe the BIOS doesn't support it? I know some of the 400 series AMD boards would need a BIOS update before a 3000 series CPU could be used. At least those with early versions of the BIOS.

Maybe the motherboard is bad?

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
I assume so, the i5-9400F is in that list?

It's in the list so your issue isn't with the CPU. Maybe the BIOS doesn't support it? I know some of the 400 series AMD boards would need a BIOS update before a 3000 series CPU could be used. At least those with early versions of the BIOS.

Maybe the motherboard is bad?

Solution