Question No Display Issue

Bamboosel

Honorable
Jan 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue where my PC is no longer showing any display. This happened after I had decided to replace the thermal paste on the CPU. I've done this plenty of times before with no issue but I'll admit I did rush things this time around.

After I put everything back together I get no display. The PC seems to turn on, all the fans and coolers run, all the lights turn on but no display. On the mobo there is no error code and in fact nothing displays on the code display. It's blank where the double digit code normally would be. I took it apart again , redid the paste, and checked for any bent pins, it doesn't seem to be the case. I've tried running the PC with one stick of RAM and tried to run it without the GPU, SSD, etc plugged in. I've swapped the RAM stick I've used to see if it was a RAM issue neither one worked. I've tried the display cable directly from the mobo instead of the GPU and nothing. I've taken the CMOS battery out as well. Nothing seems to change.

I'm trying to narrow down what the issue may be. My first thought might something with the mobo or the CPU. Can you guys recommend steps for troubleshooting steps so I can figure out where the problem might lie?

Thank you all.

Parts:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: GTX 1080
Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 z97
RAM: G-Skill F3-2400C10D 8GB x2
Cooler: H100 Corsair Water Cooler
Storage: 1TB Samsung SSD
Power Supply: EVGA Gold 1000W

Last edited: