[SOLVED] No display, mouse, or keyboard. Tried everything, could it be the CPU?

Nov 6, 2020
Build when problem occurred:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX

RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (x2)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600 XT DirectX 12 11296-01-20G 6GB 192-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card

PSU: CORSAIR - CX-M Series 650W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

Display: ASUS VG245H Black 24" 1ms (GTG) Widescreen

My Pc was built in June and has been working great until recently. I played my games one night and turned it off like normal. Next day I tried to turn it on. All my fans and aura lights went on but no display and mouse and keyboard are not working.

Looked through threads and discussions on all topics I could find. Most pointed to the motherboard. So I bought a brand new one and installed it.

New motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF GAMING X570-Plus ATX

And this one has QLED lights and the DRAM yellow light is on as as soon as I power the PC on.

Now this is where I can figure this problem out. I spent a good two hours reading issues like mine and tried all the methods that worked for some of them and none were successful for me. I did RAM tests with one stick in the A2 slot, nothing. B2 slot, nothing. Changed to the other stick of RAM and same outcome. Bought 2 brand new sticks of RAM and same thing.

I tried to reset the CMOS with both the 2 pins and removing the battery, nothing.

I bought a new PSU, same brand as listed, nothing.

I tried running it without any HDD or SSD connected and nothing.

I disconnected everything in my PC and check every wire, ports, pins to see if anything was damaged or burned, nope.

Used a friend's PC to test my GPU and it works on his PC. We tried to install his to mine and it powers but for some reason his GPU fans turn on full blast the second I powered on my PC but my gpu did not do that. The only thing left untested was the CPU, didn't want to risk anything by swapping them but my CPU shows no signs of overheating and all the gold pins are perfect.

If anyone can please tell me if it is my CPU or something, I'd appreciate it. I'm completely out of ideas of what it could be now.

(Also used his RAM sticks in my pc an nothing but his had rgb and they were lit up)

Solution
yes, on some cases mobo lights wil still lit up even if they cant generate the right amount of power. but yea it is a new board, hopefully the new cpu solves your problem as it is really headscratching to experience something like this.

looking forward to what solves your issue :D
It was my CPU!! Last night my nephew gave me his old cpu and this morning I put it in my pc and it booted! I am so happy and mad that this was the problem and I went down all the parts hahahaha.

The only thing I can think as to why my CPU failed or died was either overheating but I don't get how, I had the heat sink on with a nice amount of thermal paste. Or where I bought it from. I ordered it from Amazon during the time PC parts were being bought...
Nov 4, 2020
experiencing the same problem right now. i have bought a new gpu, tested another psu and different rams. the only thing left could be the motherboard and cpu. i tried breadboarding my pc, running only with the motherboard,cpu,hsf and 24pin and 4pin powercables, no ram sticks, and i get no beep. so I am leaning towards maybe mobo is dead. anyways if you find a solution, please share it so i can have more ideas. Thanks!

on the other hand, seems like you have a mobo problem as cpu rarely fails. and if you have bought a new mobo like you stated, maybe the board was DOA?

Reactions: BoxyGames
Nov 6, 2020
experiencing the same problem right now. i have bought a new gpu, tested another psu and different rams. the only thing left could be the motherboard and cpu. i tried breadboarding my pc, running only with the motherboard,cpu,hsf and 24pin and 4pin powercables, no ram sticks, and i get no beep. so I am leaning towards maybe mobo is dead. anyways if you find a solution, please share it so i can have more ideas. Thanks!

on the other hand, seems like you have a mobo problem as cpu rarely fails. and if you have bought a new mobo like you stated, maybe the board was DOA?
Hmmmm, it's possible. It would really suck if the mobo is DOA. Would it still light up and stuff if it was? I also ordered a new cpu to check and it should be coming soon. If that doesn't solve it then maybe DOA mobo.
Of course I will keep this post updated as much as possible. This is not a fun thing to go through hahaha.
Thank you for your input too.

Nov 4, 2020
yes, on some cases mobo lights wil still lit up even if they cant generate the right amount of power. but yea it is a new board, hopefully the new cpu solves your problem as it is really headscratching to experience something like this.

Reactions: BoxyGames
Nov 6, 2020

It was my CPU!! Last night my nephew gave me his old cpu and this morning I put it in my pc and it booted! I am so happy and mad that this was the problem and I went down all the parts hahahaha.

The only thing I can think as to why my CPU failed or died was either overheating but I don't get how, I had the heat sink on with a nice amount of thermal paste. Or where I bought it from. I ordered it from Amazon during the time PC parts were being bought rapidly so Amazon was the only place they had my CPU. It was a third-party seller and it said brand new but thinking about it and reading some reviews. It seems sketchy. This time I got it from Newegg and sold by Newegg with a 3 year warranty. So if it happens again it might be an overheating issue.
Hopefully this helps you or anyone with this issue. It's a hassle but don't rule parts just because it's new or looks good.
Thank you for also sharing your issue again.

Reactions: WRRN
Solution