No Display Need Help VGA to DVI!

ItsJesus

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I recently just finished my PC Build and i connected my Monitor to my Graphics card and i turn on the Monitor. Says No Display Check Video Cables

My monitor is a Hanns G and has a DVI Male input and a VGA input. I went with the VGA just because.

My Graphics card is an XFX 7770 Radeon Black Edition. Has a DVI Universal. Can basically accept any DVI cord.

I plugged in one side of my VGA cable to my Monitor and the other side to a adapter (VGA to DVI) and plugged in the otherside of the adapter to the Graphics card.

Turned on the Monitor and displays No Display Check Video Cables...

What i'am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
So just to check, you have a DVI to DVI cable. You have a GPU with a DVI connector and you have a monitor with a DVI cable. Yet you used the VGA "just because"? Try using DVI on the monitor and report back.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
What is confusing me is that you keep using the term adapter. To be a clear as possible what I'm reading (ignoring the adapter word) is that you have the monitor<-VGA to DVI cable->GPU. Is this correct? If so that shouldn't be a problem. From the way you explained it before you were using a DVI to DVI cable with a DVI to VGA adapter, which can cause issues.

Check that the GPU is pushed all the way in to it's PCIe lane. Does the fan spin up?