[SOLVED] No Display, New GPU and new CPU

May 4, 2019
Hey guys, here’s my current specs:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix X370-F
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
PSU: EVGA 750W

So here’s my issue. I just upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 9 3900x and my GPU to a RTX 2070. But now everything turns on but I get no display. All fans on, everything. No mobo display either. I’m sure everything’s seated/connected right. I did however, have an issue while installing the cpu. I accidentally bent a pin and had to bend it back but it felt loose after. Could that be the issue? I have my ryzen 5 here to test but would one bent/broken pin cause this no boot no display?

Solution

So here’s my issue. I just upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 9 3900x and my GPU to a RTX 2070. But now everything turns on but I get no display. All fans on, everything. No mobo display either. I’m sure everything’s seated/connected right. I did however, have an issue while installing the cpu. I accidentally bent a pin and had to bend it back but it felt loose after. Could that be the issue? I have my ryzen 5 here to test but would one bent/broken pin cause this no boot no display?
How many RAM do you have installed?
RAM can also prevent Your bios from loading as it...Maybe Run your motherboard only using one RAM...

Bassplate

Reputable

How many RAM do you have installed?
RAM can also prevent Your bios from loading as it...Maybe Run your motherboard only using one RAM channel per time use channel A(First two slots).If you boot successfully into bios just check if your DRAM are enabled.
You can try the other PCI slot(Secondary PCI slot)connect your GPU in the secondary slot and see if it can boot up.

If you want to test if your CPU are working just connect your screen on your onboard graphics(HDMI Port)and see if you can load bios then you will know if your CPU works

Solution

TRENDING THREADS