OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
My setup :
MOBO : GIGABYTE A320M-S2H REV: 1.1
CPU : RYZEN 3600
RAM : GSKILL AEGIS 3200mhz
GPU : GTX 960 2 GB

my PC is not POSTING, no beeps (I'm not sure if it's because my case doesn't got builtin speakers) but I've noticed the FRONT LED LIGHT BLINKS like its indicating 3 LONG and 2 SHORT BEEPS and nothing else. I've tried multiple displays, cables & GPUs and I even tried Clearing CMOS by REMOVING THE CMOS CELL.

Last edited:

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
What bios maker is used on that board? AMI, Pheonix? if you know this info, you can go look up that "beep" code you are seeing on the LEDs for that specific BIOS company and determine the issue. (Usually this info would be actual beeps from a speaker attached to the pins on your MB, if you have one laying around install it and confirm the beep code matches the blinking light code, because they may not be the same. If you don't have a speaker you can pick one up for a few bucks on eBay or Amazon if the code you got from the lights does not match their error "beep" codes.)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I don't have any BRANDED POWER SUPPLY lying around my house but I have an old LENOVO S20 can I use its PSU (620W 80plus bronze) Until I get a new PSU?
FRONT LED LIGHT BLINKS like its indicating 3 LONG and 2 SHORT BEEPS

What front LED where is it?

Is this a new build or was it working before?

If it's a new build what revision number is the board it's printed on the lower left side should be like REV 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0

EDIT This is all important information.

Last edited:

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
What bios maker is used on that board? AMI, Pheonix? if you know this info, you can go look up that "beep" code you are seeing on the LEDs for that specific BIOS company and determine the issue. (Usually this info would be actual beeps from a speaker attached to the pins on your MB, if you have one laying around install it and confirm the beep code matches the blinking light code, because they may not be the same. If you don't have a speaker you can pick one up for a few bucks on eBay or Amazon if the code you got from the lights does not match their error "beep" codes.)
Yeah! I'm trying my best to get hands on some speakers.
How do I know what BIOS is my MOBO is using?

Last edited:

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
Yeah! I'm trying my best to get hands on some speakers.
How do I know what BIOS is my MOBO is using?
You need a speaker for the inside of the mb, not desktop speakers. It looks like your bios is MSI but I do not see a 3L2S code. Someone else also mentioned you need to upgrade to f40 bios for that chip. Unfortunately you will need a ryzen 2000 series or 1000 series to update it I believe. Check into if there is a way to auto update bios outside of windows without accessto BIOS menu , but I'm not sure if gigabyte has this ability or not. Otherwise you will have to reinstall your old ryzen chip, upgrade BIOS, then install 3000 again and it should work. If you don't have a 1 or 2000 series cpu, you may call some repair shops in the area and see what they would charge you to use their old stock to get your BIOS updated. You may be able to use that lenovo PSU you have, but many times those SI parts are proprietary even if the headers look like they are standard. Be careful as you CAN fry your board if you are not POSITIVE it is a standard ATX PSU.
Here is the type of speaker you need for future issues so you can get the real beep codes if you have a problem in POST.
https://www.amazon.com/PC-Internal-Mini-Onboard-Speaker/dp/B002W4M0DW

Last edited:

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
You need a speaker for the inside of the mb, not desktop speakers. It looks like your bios is MSI but I do not see a 3L2S code. Someone else also mentioned you need to upgrade to f40 bios for that chip. Unfortunately you will need a ryzen 2000 series or 1000 series to update it I believe. Check into if there is a way to auto update bios outside of windows without accessto BIOS menu , but I'm not sure if gigabyte has this ability or not. Otherwise you will have to reinstall your old ryzen chip, upgrade BIOS, then install 3000 again and it should work. If you don't have a 1 or 2000 series cpu, you may call some repair shops in the area and see what they would charge you to use their old stock to get your BIOS updated. You may be able to use that lenovo PSU you have, but many times those SI parts are proprietary even if the headers look like they are standard. Be careful as you CAN fry your board if you are not POSITIVE it is a standard ATX PSU.
Here is the type of speaker you need for future issues so you can get the real beep codes if you have a problem in POST.
https://www.amazon.com/PC-Internal-Mini-Onboard-Speaker/dp/B002W4M0DW
I've contacted the shop from where I bought my PC and they said they'll help me solve this problem.

Reactions: ChangeinPortland