No display, no mouse & keyboard power

Tez20

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I puked right down my PC tower's top vent when I was drunk. I have got a new motherboard and new CPU since then. Problem persists when I removed the GPU and connected to onboard graphics. No display. The DRAM light is solid red, and MEMOK did not fix it. All the wires are connected. I tested the PSU today, and all readings were normal. The fans all spin. Does this mean the RAM is done for? They are spaced one apart.

Specs:
Asus z97-a MOBO
Intel i7-4790k CPU
gigabyte gtx 770 4gb GPU
g skill ripjaw 2x8gb 1600 RAM

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
First off try booting with only a single stick of ram inserted. As well as check to make sure your 6-8pin cpu power cable is fully inserted and clipped. If that doesn't work, you can boot up into the bios without any ram inserted to test if in fact it is the ram's fault.

Tez20

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
the other one in there alone works too! why dont they work together? im supposed to space them apart one slot right

now when i put both of them in like that, it keeps turning on and off every few seconds by itself...

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
You should have them installed in the off color slots (Usually blue, depending on motherboard). Go ahead and plug both back in on the standard setup. If it boots, your in service.. if not, insert 1 stick and head into your BIOS and reset all settings to default. See if that fixes it.

Tez20

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I'm now working with just one stick of ram. I get no display through gpu, but the display works through onboard graphics. Does this mean the card is done for? Two sticks of ram just makes the computer loop into a restart infinitely in intervals every few seconds.

TRENDING THREADS