Question No display on asus Z97-PRO GAMER

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
SOLVED
Hi, I was looking through garage sales and came across this motherboard with a huge noctua cooler. For me I just wanted the noctua cooler for my Asrock Z97 Pro4 but after I bought it I was wondering what cpu it had or how much ram. So I started it up, but theres no display. I already tried resetting the cmos and ive also tried different cmos battery. In my pc right now theres an i5-4670. I wanted to see if there was maybe a better cpu in the asus mobo, but I cant get into the bios. Cpu led turns on, SB power turns on and dram led turns on but just no display. Is the motherboard faulty? I also have no clue how to get the cooler of. Its so huge, name: noctua nh-d14 120mm & 140mm sso cpu cooler. Maybe if I could remove it I can see what cpu is in it and test the cpu on my working Asrock Z97 pro4 and also test the ram.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for taking the cooler off the motherboard, download the manual found here;
https://noctua.at/en/nh-d14/manual
and reverse the order in which it's installed, meaning read from the bottom to the top(Intel part only, not AMD).

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for taking the cooler off the motherboard, download the manual found here;
https://noctua.at/en/nh-d14/manual
and reverse the order in which it's installed, meaning read from the bottom to the top(Intel part only, not AMD).
Nevermind im so stupid, just found out the ram was not installed correctly. It is working now, but still thanks for trying to help me. Also, this is what I bought: a mobo set with an i7-4790, 32gb ddr3, a double noctua cooler and a good mobo with m.2 slot + two gigabyte brix's and a laptop for 20 dollars. Thats litteraly the jackpot!

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech