Question No display on build

Aug 28, 2020
Hi everyone.

I am building a home server that is supposed to run on FreeNas. This is far from my first build, but the first one i run into problems with that i can not solve with out help.

As i have put everything together i get nothing on my display, no beeps from the MB. The only thing that happens is that as i power up, the display comes out of standby for a minute before displaying "NO SIGNAL" and going back to standby.

My specs:

• Motherboard: Asus Prime H310i-plus R2.0
  • BIOS Ver: 1004 (according to MB sticker)
  • CPU/GPU: Pentium Gold G5400
  • RAM: Crucial 8GB 2400mHz (BLS8G4D240FSA.16FADG)
What i have done so far:

I have run out of things to try...
Anyone??

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020
The weirdest thing solved this issue as a great surprise to me. I noticed as i was going through the specs that the motherboard does not have a speaker soldered on the board, so in order to find out if it would be giving an error code vocally i found a speaker on an old mb i hadn't used in a few years and plugged it to the dedicated speaker pin socket and started the system. In stead of an error code it simply started up normally to the BIOS and has now done so over 5 times with out a hitch....

The weirdest thing solved this issue as a great surprise to me. I noticed as i was going through the specs that the motherboard does not have a speaker soldered on the board, so in order to find out if it would be giving an error code vocally i found a speaker on an old mb i hadn't used in a few years and plugged it to the dedicated speaker pin socket and started the system. In stead of an error code it simply started up normally to the BIOS and has now done so over 5 times with out a hitch....
bizzare bizzare
what happens if you disconnect the speaker ?
The speaker connector is just behind the system panel connector; maybe when you connected the speaker you moved something on the panel connectors ?

What ? I have no idea about this. Well glad if they work normally, but if I were you, I will RMA the Mboard because this weird problem.

TRENDING THREADS