• Now's your chance to speak with MSI directly! Join our AMA and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Ask your questions here.

Catch the next Tom's Hardware livestream on May 28 at 2PM Eastern: Catch the show here!

Need Hardware Help? Include the Info Requested Here.
  • Join our Best PC Builds competition and get on the Tom's Hardware home page. Check it out here.

Question No display on GPU, weird error beep

BattleBread

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Hi all

Specs:
Mobo: ASUS B450-F
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair RM750X
GFX: GTX 1060 Inno3D 6 gb

My GTX 1060 has started acting up. My PC seemingly boots with the OK beep, but then after 10 seconds there is another beep, and there is no display at any time. This is also a beep that is not specified in the Mobo-manual, so I don't know what it means.
I can boot up just fine with another GPU, and can register the GTX 1060 in device manager with Error 43 (Windows has stopped this device etc.).

I have tried flashing the bios with NvFlash and the bios version from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?manufacturer=Inno3D&model=GTX+1060
This didn't change anything, so I also tried the good old baking it in the oven at 160C for 8 minutes, which also didn't change anything.

Is it totally dead? I hoped I could get it to work since it registers in Device Manager.
Is there anything else I could try?
Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS