No display on lvds screen on laptop with new motherboard

HerbalNekoTea

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Short story, i had a bad bios flash on preview board, tried to solder a new bios chip and failed. I ordered a new motherboard and i get no video from laptop screen, at this point, idk if it's the new laptop motherboard, lvds connector (named jlvds1 on mobo) or the screen die. At this point, it's becoming a fucking money pit, a lvds replacement cable would be another $10 usd and a new lcd $60 usd. Is there an easy pin out method i could test the cable or do you think it's the new motherboard since the cmos battery don't keep the date. I also updated the bios and i still only get external hdmi. Laptop got both an intel gpu and a nvidia chip, i put my old cpu on the new motherboard's socket. I don't have any other laptop with the same lcd socket.

Asus R700VJ with K75VJ motherboard.

HerbalNekoTea

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Forgot to mention, after the bad flash, the screen was flickering non-stop on the post screen without windows or linux booting up. I succeed entering bios when no hdd was connected, otherwise, nothing would happen, it was showing an error on bios version and while i was rushing for a usb drive, i came back to it to only see a black empty screen. That was on the og motherboard btw.

HerbalNekoTea

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Last thing, windows 10 see both gpu and both screen in the device manager but identify the laptop screen has 0 bit deep. There was some black plastic dirt on the inside of the connector which i blowed out and the cmos battery don't keep the hour (it was keeping it 1 month ago and i left it disconected during that time.