shiva.murary

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
I wanted the windows 11 update(I get it. Bad idea, should've waited. Noted. But it's already done)

I was told I need TMP enabled, so I went to the BIOS and turned on Secure boot, Fast boot and TMP, also enabled XPM for RAM. I click on save and reset and then the screen went blank.

I tried restarting PC but no display. CPU fans are spinning, Motherboard light is on, Keyboard and Mouse light up but no display on monitor whatsoever.(No signal entering power saving mode shortly)

I'm not sure if this is the fastboot's doing or even relevant but earlier I had to long press power button on the PC to turn it off but now as soon as I touch it, PC turns off.

I've removed and reseated GPU, RAM.
I tried resetting CMOS by shorting it with a screw driver, also removed and reseated the CMOS battery.(multiple times)
I tried booting up with a single stick of RAM, with and without GPU.
Tried all the Display ports on the GPU.

Gigabyte B460M Gaming HD
16GB(2×8) Ballistix
10400F(No integrated Graphics)
RTX 2060(Display port)

Everything was working perfectly fine before I tweaked the BIOS settings.

(Yes I unplugged the power cord before doing any of this. Also did the drain-the-static move by pressing and holding the power button a few times.)

I don't have an extra Cable/GPU/Monitor

Solution
I wanted the windows 11 update(I get it. Bad idea, should've waited. Noted. But it's already done)

I was told I need TMP enabled, so I went to the BIOS and turned on Secure boot, Fast boot and TMP, also enabled XPM for RAM. I click on save and reset and then the screen went blank.

I tried restarting PC but no display. CPU fans are spinning, Motherboard light is on, Keyboard and Mouse light up but no display on monitor whatsoever.(No signal entering power saving mode shortly)

I'm not sure if this is the fastboot's doing or even relevant but earlier I had to long press power button on the PC to turn it off but now as soon as I touch it, PC turns off.

I tried resetting CMOS by shorting it with a...

I tried resetting CMOS by shorting it with a screw driver, also removed and reseated the CMOS battery.(multiple times)
I tried booting up with a single stick of RAM, with and without GPU.
Tried all the Display ports on the GPU.

Gigabyte B460M Gaming HD
16GB(2×8) Ballistix
10400F(No integrated Graphics)
RTX 2060(Display port)

Everything was working perfectly fine before I tweaked the BIOS settings.

(Yes I unplugged the power cord before doing any of this. Also did the drain-the-static move by pressing and holding the power button a few times.)

I don't have an extra Cable/GPU/Monitor
First, you got some names reversed- TmP is term for "Temporary" and TpM is "Trusted Platform Module". Also called FTPM for AMD and PPT for Intel
Also XPM should be XMP (Extreme Memory Profile), nothing to do with TPM.
For ease of settings, never change two unrelated settings at same time as both may produce own problems.
For TPM, BIOS has to be in UEFI (non CSM) mode. Also turn off "Fast BOOT) at least until all BIOS changes are applied as with it's use BIOS skips some checks during POST time.

Solution

shiva.murary

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
First, you got some names reversed- TmP is term for "Temporary" and TpM is "Trusted Platform Module". Also called FTPM for AMD and PPT for Intel
Also XPM should be XMP (Extreme Memory Profile), nothing to do with TPM.
For ease of settings, never change two unrelated settings at same time as both may produce own problems.
For TPM, BIOS has to be in UEFI (non CSM) mode. Also turn off "Fast BOOT) at least until all BIOS changes are applied as with it's use BIOS skips some checks during POST time.

I get no display on my monitor at all to be able to access BIOS settings