No display on monitor after upgrading components

Feb 17, 2018
Hi!
I replaced my motherboard after my old one died, I bought some new components which included:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G - Processor
GIGABYTE GA-A320M-HD2 - Motherboard
Crucial DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz - RAM (one stick)
LMS Power X750 - PSU
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM - HDD

After rebuilding the computer I plugged in the power cable and turned on the computer. It started with no problem at all except of the monitor puts itself on power saving mode. A light on the motherboard indicates it is on. But the computer has failed to POST, no beeping sound to indicate this or anything.

I've tried to clean the RAM with Isopropanol Alcohol and a micro fiber cloth, re-seating the ram into different slots and CPU, as well as powering on the computer with and without a graphics card (AMD R9 270X), using different display adapters (DVI and VGA (monitor doesn't support HDMI)), buying a new hard drive (old one still had old BIOS and Windows 7 installed) and finally starting the computer without any RAM (no beeping sounds from the motherboard itself even with a speaker).

It might be faulty RAM or motherboard I really have no idea what so ever, so please it will be much appreciated if someone could help me with this issue.

Best Regards,
Mark

Feb 17, 2018

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, according to the GIGABYTE website the motherboard does support the CPU, I cannot update the motherboard's BIOS due to the fact I can't see what is happening on the monitor, it just goes into power saving mode so I can't see anything that is going on.

Feb 17, 2018

As I've said at the beginning of the thread I have used a monitor and tested different connections (DVI and VGA). The monitor is not the issue as I have tried booting the computer with different ones.

Feb 17, 2018

Do you know how to update/flash the bios without a display? When I looked at the bios updates F20 was the one that would add support for the CPU.