[SOLVED] No display on monitor at all

Nicholas_97

Commendable
May 2, 2017
Hello all, as mentioned in the title. My pc is completely powered, with fans, keyboard and everything on but there's no signal to monitor even if I plug it into the onboard with HDMI.

There's no issue with my monitor as I have tried it with my console. I tried to plug in my brother's RAM and it doesn't produce any signal. Does this means that my mobo is not longer functioning?

These are the codes that came from the mobo
00 , 4C & 55

The confusing thing is, if I tried my ram stick on my brother's system, it doesn't produce any signal as well.

The methods I have tried : plug into onboard graphics , replace RAM and clear CMOS by removing battery and changing the battery

Solution
The only thought I have is to test the motherboard with a different CPU if you just so happen to have one of those lying around. If not I would suggest buying a new board since Fry's and Best Buy usually charge you $80 or more just to run their mandatory "diagnostics".

Metro_2033_Fan

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
I'm assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics card. Try making sure your CPU power cable isn't loose and that it's in the correct orientation. That's an issue I've ran into before.

Last edited:

Nicholas_97

Commendable
May 2, 2017
I'm assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics card. Try making sure your CPU power cable isn't loose and that it's in the correct orientation. That's an issue I've ran into before.
There's no problem with the power cable, this setup is about 4 years old. I tried to plug it into the onboard HDMI after the I removed the GPU

Metro_2033_Fan

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
The only thought I have is to test the motherboard with a different CPU if you just so happen to have one of those lying around. If not I would suggest buying a new board since Fry's and Best Buy usually charge you $80 or more just to run their mandatory "diagnostics".

Solution

Nicholas_97

Commendable
May 2, 2017
I'll try to use my bro's PSU to power up my system. Looks like it's either the ram or mobo is faulty. Might try my luck RMA the RAM