Question No display on monitor unless I reseat gpu after computer sits overnight.

brendon7358

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
Hello, I have an annoying issue with my computer. When I turn on the computer the display will turn on but then say no signal and turn off again and that's it, I can see the computer boots into windows from my keyboard though but no display. I also noticed the nvlink Bridge has no RGB effects on it. Turning the computer off, turning off the power supply, removing the gpus, and putting them back in fixes the issue every time.

I only built the computer 3 days ago, so I haven't had much time to troubleshoot the issue since it only happens when the computer is fully cooled down i.e. Overnight.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
Removing and putting back on the nvlink bridge. Powering off PSU, pushing in gpu (in case it was just a bit loose) and powering on psu
Removing and replacing power connections at the gpu.
Changing bios setting for default graphics to be pci express

What I haven't had the chance to try yet: Removing and replacing power connections at the PSU (one of the gpus uses cable mod cables, the other uses ones that came with PSU)
Replacing PSU (really don't want to do this, would rather try using the second psu separately and run a dual PSU setup temporarily for troubleshooting but it's risky
Using only one gpu (see below)
Using a different motherboard (absolutely last thing I will try see below)
Not turning computer off ever, and/or always put it to sleep or hibernate.

When the computer is running it runs fine, no issues whatsoever, no crashes, gpus run as they should. Mobo shows either A0 or 40 code when the computer boots but no display, also during this time plugging displayport straight into motherboard does nothing.

Some background on the build, it's a fully custom loop so taking out components for troubleshooting is extremely difficult. Therefore I really don't want to do it. Removing either gpus would require a full drain of the loop which unfortunately in my case would be not at all an easy process and very time consuming.

Before I built the computer and before I installed the water blocks on the gpus I test the gpus and they ran fine, but then again I didn't really leave both of them in my old computer overnight, it was only 1 because it ran too hot with both of them.

The PSU is brand new, so I don't really think it's that. All other parts of pc were bought on reddit new, open box and he said he tested them before shipping and everything was good.

Relavent specs
Asus Maximus XI Hero
2x2080ti
Asus Rog Strix OC
1200W EVGA Supernova 80+ Platinum
Full EKWB water cooling loop with 3x360mm radiators cooling a cpu monoblock and both gpus.

P. S. I know sli is dead, I got a good deal on the cards together and I can easily sell one for what I bought it for if the performance isn't what I expect.