No display on monitor when booting, but it works on reboot

Aug 11, 2018
(Sorry for bad english | I am not very tech savvy | spec at bottom)
I have recently built my first computer (2-3 months ago).
Ever since it was put together I have had this problem with the display on the monitor.

Problem:
When I press the power button on the chassis it seems like the computer is turning on, but the monitor gets no display. If I reboot by pressing the restart button on the chassis, it reboots and the monitor works fine everytime. And I have been doing that for a while, while looking for solutions.
However if I restart my computer from the desktop (by pressing the windows icon and so on) the monitor gets no display when the computer turns back on. It is only when I press reboot on the chassis.

Some anomalies that may be caused by the way I turn the computer on:
Google Chrome will almost always open my last tabs from the day before.
Spotify will often forget I am logged in.

For the record, I am using a small flatscreen tv as a monitor.
The problem persisted even before I installed windows

Stuff I have tried, but didn't work:
- Connecting the the monitor directly to the motherboard in stead of the GPU.
- Tried different monitors (but all flatscreen tv's).
- Different cables (hdmi/avg).
- Taking everything out and putting it back in.
- Trying different ports for the RAM. 1 at a time
- Only using some of the non-cpu fans.

The only thing that worked was building the computer on the box the mobo came in. The display worked on every initial boot. I then tried putting it back inside the chassis and the problem was back.

I hope I have included enough details.

Thanks for the help

spec:
PSU Corsair CX550M, 550W
MoBo: ASUS Prime B250-Plus
Ram: 2x HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz 4GB
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600
GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1060 DUAL 3G

Solution
If the issue compounds when not breadboarded, then I'm suspecting your case to have a grounding issue. Speaking of which you didn't include the make and model of your chassis as well as your display. On another note, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
If the issue compounds when not breadboarded, then I'm suspecting your case to have a grounding issue. Speaking of which you didn't include the make and model of your chassis as well as your display. On another note, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Solution