[SOLVED] No display on monitor

Dec 30, 2018
I replaced my old motherboard and cpu and i have put them inside of my pc and everything is connected properly and has been checked multiple times , my pc starts up and the cpu cooler spins aswell as my power supply and the led starts on my motherboard but my samsung monitor switches its self onto standby mode , i have tried using a hdmi aswell as a vga but nothing is allowing me to get any display, please could you let me know if you have any idea , thankyou

Solution
You'll need to list your full pc specs (make and model) of all parts. You can't have had an i3 with an am2/3 motherboard they are not compatible. I suspect you have a 300 series am4 motherboard and a 2nd gen ryzen CPU which means the motherboard needs a bios update before it will work with your CPU.
Dec 30, 2018
i had a i3 proccessor and am2/3 motherboard and i have upgraded to a am4 motherboard and ryzen 3 quad core 2200

racksmith101

Respectable
You'll need to list your full pc specs (make and model) of all parts. You can't have had an i3 with an am2/3 motherboard they are not compatible. I suspect you have a 300 series am4 motherboard and a 2nd gen ryzen CPU which means the motherboard needs a bios update before it will work with your CPU.

Solution

racksmith101

Respectable
From the specs you listed in your pm your Msi grenade a320 motherboard will need a BIOS update before you can use your CPU. You'll either need to take it to a local pc shop who can do it for you probably for a small fee or you can contact AMD and get a bootkit.https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

TRENDING THREADS