[SOLVED] No display on monitor

Jul 8, 2019
MSI B350M Gaming Pro
8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
NZXT Phantom 530
RX 480 Gpu
EVGA 750W Psu
Ryzen 5 1600 with wraith stealth cooler

Some bad things happened to my mobo.... namely the fans on my NZXT case may have destroyed my motherboard. I plugged a 4Pin molex and a male fan header causing the fans to smoke. . While I was doing that, I also installed a stick of 4GB RAM and RX480 8GB. Although everything spins and I have enough juice from my new 750W Psu, I still get no signal on my monitor. I replaced the CMOS battery, tried the videocard on another PC and it is working. Is it possible that I need a 1440p HDMI cord? I'm running out of ideas.

Solution
Ahahaha I found the problem. The solution kind of left me wondering why my seller would send me the wrong bracket for my CPU cooler. It was a combo deal, too. They also screwed up with pre-applied thermal paste, the checkered paste did not spread. Hopefully my Cpu isn't damaged, I have high hopes for it as it was a $200 part. Switching over to liquid cooling right now.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Something may be fried, but in the future if something begins to smoke just stop what you are doing and unplug everything or quickly hit the power surge button to turn everything off and unplug it. And maybe come back with a fire extinguisher. Keeping things powered and plugging more stuff in was a BAD idea.

Jul 8, 2019
I did not leave my PC smoking, you'll ruin my good name saying that. I added my upgrades before I tried the fans. also had my RAM OC'd to something unstable or 2400 to 3333, which is apparently insane regardless of how cool my case is. No display even with a new 4GB stick. If I need a new mobo, I have one selected already. Before I do that, can someone here recommend a troubleshooting guide to me?

Jul 8, 2019
Ahahaha I found the problem. The solution kind of left me wondering why my seller would send me the wrong bracket for my CPU cooler. It was a combo deal, too. They also screwed up with pre-applied thermal paste, the checkered paste did not spread. Hopefully my Cpu isn't damaged, I have high hopes for it as it was a $200 part. Switching over to liquid cooling right now.

Solution